This tube head`s Clean preamp channel has a shimmering and sparkling sound which is very flexible and similar to traditional world famous tube guitar amps sounds from old Fender and Vox worlds. Crunch preamp channel sound palette takes us back to the golden 60`s and 70`s world famous crunching rock lead-sounds and old Marshall world. These sounds are produced by using the best components for tube amps and by a long experience of building tube amps. Preamp contains two independent channels with own volume and tone controls. Different channels can be selected with a foot pedal. Both preamps are equipped with 12AX7-tubes.
This amp accepts all general octal tubes like 6V6GT, EL34, 6L6GC, KT66, 6550/KT88 etc. It also has an external bias point. Using Bluetone Bias Rate meter makes power tube change and biasing extremely easy and fast. This meter can be bought as an option.
This amp can be equipped with a 2+2 power amp with individual ppimv master volumes for each pair of power tubes. Power tube pairs will change automatically when preamp channel will be changed.
PPIMV (Post Phase Inverter Master Volume), buffered tube effects loop and external power tube bias point are included to normal price.
Bluetone Dusty Road II
DR II version has a new crunch channel, which has different distortion sounds compared to previous version. With this new channel it is easier to create powerful and dynamic distortion sounds even in bedroom level. These distortion sounds are sonically somewhere between DR first version and Crossroad lead channel SLO world sounds.
This new DR version is otherwise similar to earlier model, only crunch channel is different. You can choose which crunch channel you want. Amp price is the same in both versions. New sound clips should be ready by the end of this year.
The amp with black tolex is a 4x6V6GT version. It includes a half power switch and PPIMV Master Volume. Half power switch has been designed such a way that it does not alter amp sound at all compared to traditional similar solutions.
This amp can be also equipped with VVR (Variable Voltage Regulator) to control amp overall output level and it replaces traditional master volume. VVR circuit does not alter amp sound when played with smaller volume levels. It can go down to a few watts/bedroom levels when needed. Anyhow I find that VVR is not very useful in multi channel amps, because the biggest part of distorted sounds are created in preamp stage in this kind of amp.
This amp can be equipped for example with VVR, spring reverb and tremolo. You can ask an offer from me of your personal Bluetone Dusty Road Head combination.
Head with two power tubes 11-12 kg, head with four power tubes 13-14 kg
Combo with two power tubes 16-17 kg, combo with four power tubes 18-19 kg
Dusty Road Head
– Cabin with normal tolex and 2x6V6GT 1650 €
– Cabin with laquered tweed and 2x6V6GT 1750 €
– Cabin with oiled, solid mahogany cabin and 2x6V6GT 1900 €
– Cabin with normal tolex and half power switch 4x6V6GT 1800 €
– Cabin with laquered tweed and half power switch 4x6V6GT 1900 €
– Cabin with oiled, solid mahogany cabin and half power switch 4x6V6GT 2050 €
Dusty Road Combo
– Cabin with normal tolex, 1×12″ WGS Black Hawk alnico speaker and 2x6V6GT/6L6GC/EL34 1850 €
– Cabin with laquered tweed, 1×12″ WGS Black Hawk alnico speaker and 2x6V6GT/6L6GC/EL34 1950 €
– Cabin with oiled, solid mahogany cabin, 1×12″ WGS Black Hawk alnico speaker and 2x6V6GT/6L6GC/EL34 2100 €
– Cabin with normal tolex and half power switch 4x6V6GT 2100 €
– Cabin with laquered tweed and half power switch 4x6V6GT 2200 €
– Cabin with oiled, solid mahogany cabin and half power switch 4x6V6GT 2350 €
You can have this combo also with different speakers. In this case, ask an offer.
– 2+2 power amp 220 €
– PPIMV (=Post Phase Inverter Master Volume) included to normal price
– VVR (Dynamic power scale) 150 €
– Spring reverb 250 €
– Tremolo 120 €
– Adjustable Line Out with xlr connector 80 €
– Bluetone Bias Rate meter 120 € when purchasing amp, otherwise 150 €
– Bluetone Auto Bias Control system for power tubes biasing and control (includes meter) 180 €
This bias meter replaces Bluetone Bias Rate meter. It controls and adjusts power tube biases automatically. It also shows with led indicators if power tubes are working. With ABC you can use unmatched power tubes.
– Plastic dust cover Head 50 € Combo 60 €
Prices include 24 % VAT and are subject to change without notice.
Bluetone Dusty Road II Head with 1×12+1×10 WGS speaker
These clips were played by a professional guitar player Vesa Kääpä. Clean channel clips were played with Fender Custom Stratocaster with single coil pickups. Speaker was a 1/3 open back 2×12″ Celestion Gold cabinet. Crunch channel clips were played with Custom Telecaster with a humbucker bridge pickup. Speaker was a closed back 4×12″ Celestion Greenback Heritage cabinet.