Bluetone Octopus is a true 2-channel full tube guitar amp. It`s crunch channel is based on Trainwreck Express with Bluetone modifications. That amp is said to be world`s most ultimate lead tube guitar amp. The key idea is to control amp sound only with guitar volume pot from shimmering cleans to roaring and singing lead sounds. Octopus clean channel is based on modified Fender Twin/Deluxe Reverb world. Preamp channels can be switched with a remote footswitch.
This amp has individual PPIMV (Post Phase Inverter Master Volume) controls for both preamp channels. That solution gives many possibilities to create also completely clean sounds when needed. That is not possible with a traditional 1-channel Express style circuit. You can have this amp with 2x6V6GT/2xEL34 tubes or 4x6V6GT tubes+half power switch, or with a 2+2 2xEL34+2x6L6GC power amp version. In 2+2 version power tube pairs will be changed automatically when preamp channel is changed. There is also an external bias point for power tubes. It makes power tube biasing extremely easy with Bluetone Bias Rate meter.
Can you use spring reverb or effect loop in Express style amp?
Many people ask if it is possible to have that kind of add on to Express style amp. To make a long story short, it is technically possible, but to our mind both of them will spoil the legendary Express distortion sound and dynamics if these circuits have been installed to signal path. Express distortion is mainly based on power amp and phase inverter distortion. They need a guitar based signal level of 10-30 V to start to distort. In an rack based guitar effect or spring reverb , the nominal operating level is some 1-2 V, which causes problems when integrated between preamp and poweramp. We have tested it in practise. It is highly recommended to use effect pedals which are connected between guitar and amp when it is a matter of Express style amps. However, it is possible to have effect loop/spring reverb to this amp clean channel without sacrificing it`s wonderful tone.
– Octopus Head with normal tolex and 2x6V6GT or 2xEL34 1600 €
– Octopus Head with normal tolex, 4x6V6GT tubes and with half power switch 1750 €
– Octopus Head with normal tolex, 2+2 version and 2xEL34+2x6L6GC power tubes 1900 €
– Cabinet covered with real, laquered tweed + 100 €
– Cabinet of oiled hardwood (mahogany) + 250 €
– PPIMV (= Post Phase Inverter Master Volume) included to normal price
– Buffered tube effect loop with Send level and footswitch +100 €/channel
– 1 tube spring reverb + 200 €
– Adjustable, unbalanced Line Out with xlr/jack connector +80 €
– VVR (Dynamic power scale) +150 €
– Bluetone Bias Rate meter 120 € when purchasing amp, otherwise +150 €
– Bluetone Auto Bias Control system for power tubes biasing and control (includes meter) +180 €
ABC bias meter replaces Bluetone Bias Rate meter. It controls and adjusts power tube biases automatically. It also shows with led indicators if power tubes are in working condition. With ABC you can also use unmatched power tubes.
– Plastic dust cover +50 €
Prices include 24 % VAT and are subject to change without notice.
Here are some sound clips: