Bluetone Odysseus is a real 2-channel point-to-point tube amp, which has a common tone stack for clean channel and overdrive stage which can be switched on with a foot switch. This amp is based on legendary Dumble amp model, which has became a cult amp within many professional players all around the world. Bluetone Odysseus version has some functional and technical improvements compared to original design. These modifications are a buffered tube effect loop with Send level and footswitch, Master Volume, an outside bias point, which makes it easy to change and bias power tubes with Bluetone Bias Rate meter.
Clean-channel is very versatile consisting a two position Bright switch, Mid Boost switch, Rock-/Jazz-switch and an eq section with Treble, Middle and Bass controls to modify widely your guitar sound. Moreover this channel has a PAB (Preamp Boost) which can be switched on with a footswitch. Clean channel is extremely versatile producing a warm Fenderish clean sound, which can also be adjusted to create distortion to some extend.
Overdrive-stage consists Level and Ratio-controls, which help to create all possible distortion sounds one can imagine. Overdrive-stage can be switched on and off with a foot switch. With clean channel, overdrivestage can produce any sounds from light crunch sounds to distorted lead sounds.
A buffered tube effects loop can be also used as a Boost when there are no effects connected. This loop works best with studio level effects. Normal foor pedals can also be used in this loop.
ower amp is equipped with 2x6L6GC-tubes producing some 40-50 W output power. Power amp accepts any normal octal power tubes like 6V6GT, 6L6GC, EL34, KT77, KT88/6550 etc. Power tubes need rebiasing if they will be changed. Output power varies between 20-50 W depending on tube type (2x6V6GT = 20 W), (2xEL34 = 50 W).
You can have this amp as a head or combo version with normal tolex, laquered tweed or solid mahogany.
You can also have some additional options like VVR (Variable Voltage Regulator= dynamic output power control), which colors amp sound less than traditional master volume controls. With a VVR, you can adjust amp output from bed room level to full power. Odysseus is a 2-channel amp where the biggest part of distorted sounds will be created in preamp section. This means that VVR is propably not the best tool here compared to some 1-channel amps where biggest part of distortion will be created in power amp.
All options are listed below. A buffered tube effect loop and Master Volume are included to normal price.
– Cabin covered with normal tolex + 2x6L6GC-power tubes 1750 €.
– Cabin covered with a real, laquered tweed + 2x6L6GC power tubes 1850 €.
– Cabin made of solid, oiled mahogany or laquered nyatoh + 2x6L6GC power tubes/nyatoh) 2000 €.
– Cabin covered with normal tolex + 2x6L6GC-power tubes + 1×12″ 50 W WGS Black Hawk Alnico speaker 2000 €.
– Cabin covered with laquered tweed + 2x6L6GC power tubes + 1×12″ WGS Black Hawk Alnico speaker 2100 €.
– Cabin made of solid, oiled mahogany or laquered nyatoh + 2x6L6GC power tubes + 1×12″ 50 W WGS Black Hawk Alnico speaker 2250 €.
If you want combo version with a different speaker/speakers, please ask an offer.
– VVR (Dynamic output power control +150 €
– 2-tube spring reverb +250 €
– Tremolo +120 €
– An unbalanced Line Out with Level control and xlr-connector +80 €
– Bluetone Bias Rate meter +120 € when purchasing amp, otherwise it is +150 €
– Bluetone Auto Bias Control system for power tubes biasing and control (includes meter) 180 €
This software based biasing system replaces Bluetone Bias Rate meter. It controls and adjusts power tube biases automatically. It also shows with led indicators if power tubes are working. With ABC you can also use unmatched power tubes.
– Cabin dust cover +50 €/Head +60 €/Combo
These prices include 24 % VAT and are subject to change without notifications.
These clips were played by a professional guitarist Vesa Kääpä. Clips were played with a Custom made Telecaster with a mini humbucer in tail position. Speaker was a closed 4×12″ Celestion Greenback Heritage cabin