Bluetone Extreme is based on Trainwreck Express with some my own mods. It is said to be world`s most ultimate lead tube guitar amp. The key idea is to control amp sound only with guitar volume pot from shimmering cleans to roaring and singing lead sounds. This amp configuration is a single channel amp with 1,5 x 12AX7 preamp stages, 12AX7 PI and 2x6V6GT poweramp. One can also use 2xEL34 tubes in this amp. There is also an external bias point which makes it extremely easy to bias power tubes with Bluetone Bias Rate meter.
Can you use spring reverb or effect loop in Extreme?
Many people ask if it is possible to have that kind of add on to Extreme. To make a long story short, it is technically possible, but to my mind both of them will spoil the legendary Express distortion sound and dynamics if these components are installed to signal path. Express distortion is mainly based on power amp and phase inverter distortion. They need a guitar based signal level of 10-30 V to start to distort. In an rack based guitar effect or spring reverb , the nominal operating level is some 1-2 V, which causes problems when integrated between preamp and poweramp. I have tested it in practise. It is highly recommended to use effect pedals which are connected between guitar and amp when it is a matter of Bluetone Extreme.
– Extreme Head with normal tolex cabin and 2x6V6GT/EL34 1500 €
– Extreme Head with laquered tweed cabin and 2x6V6GT/EL34 tubes 1600 €
– Extreme Head with oiled mahogany cabin and 2x6V6GT/EL34 tubes 1750 €
– Extreme Head with normal tolex, 4x6V6GT tubes with half power switch 1600 €
– Extreme Head with laquered tweed cabin, 4x6V6GT tubes with half power switch 1700 €
– Extreme Head with oiled mahogany cabin, 4x6V6GT tubes with half power switch 1850 €
– PPIMV (= Post Phase Inverter Master Volume) included to normal price
– Buffered tube effect loop with Send level and footswitch 100 €
– Adjustable Line Out with xlr connector 80 €
– VVR (Dynamic power scale) 150 €
– Bluetone Bias Rate meter 120 € when purchasing amp, otherwise 150 €
– Bluetone Auto Bias Control system for power tubes biasing and control (includes meter) 180 €
This bias meter replaces Bluetone Bias Rate meter. It controls and adjusts power tube biases automatically. It also shows with led indicators if power tubes are working. With ABC you can use unmatched power tubes.
– Plastic dust cover 50 €
Prices include 24 % VAT and are subject to change without notice.
This clip was played with Gibson Les Paul without changing any amp settings. Pay attention how this amp goes from clean to screaming distortion only adjusting guitar volume knob. Speaker was a 2×12″ closed back Celestion Greenback cabinet.